1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

heartbroken

Discussion in 'Personal' started by 522pearl, May 3, 2011.

1. I met a guy over a year ago who really seemed to like me. I wasn't that interested in him because he wasn't really my type in looks and had baggage from the past. I went out with him for occasional drinks for 6 months and he bombarded me with texts and phone calls all this time. He seemed desperate to date me.
    Reluctantly he won me over with his kindness and keeness and we started going out six months after first meeting. I soon thought I had met Mr Right. His keeness continued. He constantly texted and called me and wanted to see me every weekend and whenever he could in the week. After a few weeks together he was talking about marriage. For the first three months it was absolute bliss.
    However after three months I started to notice a big change in him. For the next three months he was suddenly more interested in the pub and sport than me. He was unavailable some Saturdays and during the week. When I said I would like to see him on a Saturday like we used to, he called me needy and said I should get my own life. The texts and calls dwindled. My blissful relationship had turned into a rollercoaster. One minute he was telling me he loved me, the next minute he was off with me. Suddenly I never knew where I stood.
    I had gone to see my brother for a week and he called me there and had a go at me for no good reason I thought. On my return I couldn't wait to see him. However he came round smelling of drink and in a foul mood. I felt he was out to start an argument with me which he did. Tired after my long journey I snapped back that it was clear he wasn't happy in our relationship and maybe we should be friends. He stormed out soon after.
    I suppose I expected that he would text me and say he was sorry and we should make things up but he never. I have texted him since and received a short mundane reply. I haven't heard from him since.
    Ever since it has finished I have been depressed. I can't understand why I feel this way when I saw it coming for a long time with the change of behaviour.
    Any tips on how to deal with this? I have deleted his number so I am not temped to text again to avoid any more pain.

2. I met a guy over a year ago who really seemed to like me. I wasn't that interested in him because he wasn't really my type in looks and had baggage from the past. I went out with him for occasional drinks for 6 months and he bombarded me with texts and phone calls all this time. He seemed desperate to date me.
    Reluctantly he won me over with his kindness and keeness and we started going out six months after first meeting. I soon thought I had met Mr Right. His keeness continued. He constantly texted and called me and wanted to see me every weekend and whenever he could in the week. After a few weeks together he was talking about marriage. For the first three months it was absolute bliss.
    However after three months I started to notice a big change in him. For the next three months he was suddenly more interested in the pub and sport than me. He was unavailable some Saturdays and during the week. When I said I would like to see him on a Saturday like we used to, he called me needy and said I should get my own life. The texts and calls dwindled. My blissful relationship had turned into a rollercoaster. One minute he was telling me he loved me, the next minute he was off with me. Suddenly I never knew where I stood.
    I had gone to see my brother for a week and he called me there and had a go at me for no good reason I thought. On my return I couldn't wait to see him. However he came round smelling of drink and in a foul mood. I felt he was out to start an argument with me which he did. Tired after my long journey I snapped back that it was clear he wasn't happy in our relationship and maybe we should be friends. He stormed out soon after.
    I suppose I expected that he would text me and say he was sorry and we should make things up but he never. I have texted him since and received a short mundane reply. I haven't heard from him since.
    Ever since it has finished I have been depressed. I can't understand why I feel this way when I saw it coming for a long time with the change of behaviour.
    Any tips on how to deal with this? I have deleted his number so I am not temped to text again to avoid any more pain.