1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Heard anything from Glasgow university about registration pgde

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by StephkEnnedy, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hello, I am starting the pgde in English and registration at glasgow uni is next week. However I still haven't received a welcome pack or telling you what to do on the 18th so was wondering if anyone else had heard or recieved anything?
    Want to get everything planned! Seems a bit late to leave it all! Cheers.

2. Hello, I am starting the pgde in English and registration at glasgow uni is next week. However I still haven't received a welcome pack or telling you what to do on the 18th so was wondering if anyone else had heard or recieved anything?
    Want to get everything planned! Seems a bit late to leave it all! Cheers.

3. I'm doing the PGDE Primary and I got an email through yesterday at around 3.30 and then a second through today at lunchtime so I could do the online registration thingy.
    From the docs i was sent through it looks like everyone doing the PGDE goes to registration at the same time......regardless of if you're Primary or Secondary. Not 100% sure though.

By the looks of things, the 18th isn't just a tasty wee 20 mins to pick up matric cards - it's a full morning of talks etc starting at 9.30 - boo! :)

Maybe get in touch if you don't hear anything by tomorrow? I think it's Lynn Smith you've to contact? (or Maybe Vicki Stewart......to be honest, there were so many names chucked around at the start i'm not really sure who the best person is.....but the email yesterday came from Vicki, but it was Lynn's names on the docs!)

4. Hi, thanks for the info. I received the e-mail and I have now registered and enrolled. However I don't know where to look to see the information about the 18th? Is it in the my campus thing? I am not sure if I am negotiating it correctly! Cheers.

5. Just to update, I phoned the department and asked and it seems that the hotmail accounts are just putting them straight into the spam folder so she forwarded me them again! It certainly does seem like a long day! Lots of talks. Also regarding the PVG email I assume its only the people who have not previously applied for the PVG that need to take in those forms of id? Much happier I have the schedule! See you all on the 18th!

6. I did the PGDE at Glasgow last year and yep, it's a whole day of talks. Information about the course, about the religious certificate, about placements, it goes on and on. Better get used to it though because they love nothing more than giving you more days of the same! Just wait for Problem Based Learning -it's horrendous.

7. Went through the academic and financial registration today. Was all pretty painless, and what with uploading a photo for the matric card & providing an SAAS reference number to show they're paying my fees I'm hoping the admin here on in should be pretty straightforward....
    The whole PVG thing has confused me a bit, but I think the MAD URGENT!!!!! CAPITAL LETTERS EMAIL sent last week may be directed at the few international students on the course rather than the majority of Scottish/UK students.
    Regarding enrollment, in one of the files sent out last week, there was something about the PGDE having a fixed schedule so we're automatically enrolled in classes. Don't think we have to worry about that.