1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Healthy Schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Nichole16, Jul 10, 2011.

1. I hope someone can enlighten me a little with this!
    My school achieved healthy school status in 2006 and we now want to go for enhanced status. I am new to this and very confused. There is the new healthy schools toolkit on line which generally makes sense but does not tell you how you apply or get assessed etc? Does this link to the old one? Do we need to do an annual school review like before? I don't know where to start and the local support network have all been made redundant!
    Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

2. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

I don't know how much help it will be but I just tried this...google Healthy schools and the name of your LEA. I got onto our local website which looked lke it might tell you what you need to know.

3. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

If you are talking about Healthy Schools Plus, the whole thing is a nightmare, or at least it was in my county. Endless grilling from the county coordinator and having to fabricate 'data' to prove that you actually did all those things you promised. All for a measly 2 grand in the budget, which promptly got spent on computers, as usual.
    The next thing on the agenda, apparently, is Happy Schools - how can you prove your school is a happy one? Or not.

4. Thanks for your idea. I tried that but unfortuately it was last updated in 2009 and the names of the LEA contact is the woman that I know has been made redundant due to governement cuts! This is very frustrating! But thanks for messaging :)