1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

healthy schools tool kit

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fruitpastille, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Our schools award went out of date last year
    and I've now been given the job of trying to renew it. I haven’t seen a new or
    old toolkit. Thought the government might have scraped it as I can’t find
    anything new about it. Feel like I'm going round in circles with it. [​IMG]

2. porker

porker New commenter

http://education.gov.uk/schools/pupilsupport/pastoralcare/a0075278/healthy-schools

3. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

Have just done the audit for my school (109 children) we received the healthy school award 2008.I did do a an update 2010 but now have to fill in the new healthy school toolkit.
    In my LEA I send the audit to the assessor with our priorities .He is coming to see me on wednesday to discuss them.
    I think the tool kit is a guideline .We don't have a well being group we do keep parents informed through newsletters .Doing a healthy school week sounds like you are promoting healthy school values.
    Does your LEA offer any training?Could you enquire who is leading and assessing schools re newels?

4. My experience has been much the same. I worked with 2 senior managers to complete the audit, we have lots of relevant developments on our SIP, but I don't know what to do now! Our LEA appears to have got rid of all the advisors, so no one there to help. Does anyone know what the next step should be? Has it all been a waste of time, with no accreditation? Would love to hear from anyone who has progressed further.

5. I am also struggling to know what to do next. We set up the enhanced targets last year with our advisor who has since gone, and am finding it impossible to find where to input data. It seems like the website is just a guideline.