1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Healthy School Week - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ceri2evans, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Keighleigh

Keighleigh New commenter

2. Hi soory to be a pain but any chance somebody could forward the info on healthy eating to me please
    My email is dlmiller247@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanku

3. ASDA do a Healthy Eating Trail that is free where the class go behind the scenes and get to eat different fruit etc. But I also did different healthy foods from around the world. Each table being a different country with the foods they eat there. The children made the flags etc. Was good fun!

4. This is my first time in the communitiy section. That timetable would be a huge help to me also. We are doing a healthy Schools week next week!!!!!!
    Helpful website for great recipe ideas is foodafactoflife.org.uk.

5. cool05

cool05 New commenter

Hi Marshall,
    Can I have a copy of the planning as well please. Ours is next week. navneet1@ntlworld.com
    Cheers

6. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

7. DemonicLemon

DemonicLemon New commenter

Would it be possible to get a copy of this timetable and ideas please? We are having ours next week!
    Thanks very much in advance,
    Lemon

demoniclemon@hotmail.co.uk

8. Hi

Terargram could you tell me what u did in ur healthy week please. I've just taken the responsibility of Healthy Schools Co-ordinator so want to impress!!!

9. We kicked off the week with the local football team coming in and talking to the children about health and fitness. Different year groups had different activities but a lot of it was using outside visitors. For example:
    We had Tesco's in talking about healthy eating and then some of the children were able to taste things they hadn't tasted before.
    We also had a tennis club and cricket club showing us skills.
    We had teachers and some students from the local secondary doing activities relating to drugs (UKS2).
    We had several local fitness groups, kick boxing etc.
    We had the fire service.
    We had the rescue service.
    The children also 'created healthy lunch boxes' and there was a prize at the end of the week. We also finished with a Healthy Week Assembly where every year group/class performed something relating to what they had learned during the week.
    The children also had 'healthy booklets' to complete on a daily basis.
    Hope this helps!

10. Also forgot to mention we had an A4 page of healthy websites that during the week the children were able to explore and evaluate.

11. Also, forgot to mention we had an A4 page of healthy websites that during the week the children were able to explore and evaluate.

12. Hi, is it possible to have a copy of the plans as well please?
    mkc22@hotmail.co.uk
    many thanks

13. Hello!

Wow! Guess what.......?
    I would absolutely great if I could have a copy of all of this fab stuff!.

Thanks
    kate
    kay****son@hotmail.com

14. Whoops!
    Looks like the filter got my accidentally unfortuate name;
    Anyway, heres the email address again, (obviously without the space)

kayt watson@hotmail.com

...Spot the rude word...

15. Hi, is it possible to have a copy of the plans as well please? (We are having a Healthy week after half term)

ekuyateh@hotmail.com

thanks!