1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Healthy School Week - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ceri2evans, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Hi
    This week we are not doing any of our usual foundation and core subjects as we are now having a 'healthy schools week' - basically each teacher has free range to do anything to do with healthy eating/living.

Ive already got ideas such as designing and making healthy snacks, lunchbox.

Just wondering if anyone has done a week like this and would mind sharing any ideas of what you have done/would do.

Thanks

2. Hi
    This week we are not doing any of our usual foundation and core subjects as we are now having a 'healthy schools week' - basically each teacher has free range to do anything to do with healthy eating/living.

Ive already got ideas such as designing and making healthy snacks, lunchbox.

Just wondering if anyone has done a week like this and would mind sharing any ideas of what you have done/would do.

Thanks

3. Marshall

Marshall Occasional commenter

Hi - did this before half term and had a fantastic week - if you let me have your email I will send you our timetable and some more information. The parents were very thankful for us tirng their children out!

4. Hi please could you send the information too Marshall, we are having ours near the end of term.
    thank you

5. Marshall is there any chance you could send me a sopy of the planning? Doing healthy eating all next week. Many thanks
    loopylau84@hotmail.com

6. Marshall, any chance I could have a look at the timetable as well???? Im also really stuck for ideas!

w.jeary@gmail.com

thanks

7. Many thanks for the ideas great to get me started, Cheers

8. Ours starts tomorrow! We have such a fun packed week for the children - they'll love it! We have so many visitors coming in - no maths or literacy, per se. Lots of sports, making healthy things to eat, etc.

9. jlo

jlo New commenter

Ours is 25th June but planning already of course.
    Would be really grateful for a look at your plan.
    jolower@aol.com

10. Can anyone e-mail me the plans to please as it sounds great and we are doing healthy week soon. My e-mail is didsy79@hotmail.co.uk
    Cheers

11. bluebell27

bluebell27 New commenter

We are having our healthy week just now.

Each morning starts of with a whole school five mins aerobics out on the playground, organised by two members of staff, then we walk around the field back to class.

Outside agencies have been invited in and shared throughout different classes.
    We have had the fire service in and road safety staff to cover the safety aspect.

Dance teachers working with ks2 classes.

We had a magician in who focused on eating healthy who was absolutely fantastic. Link here:

http://www.lets-talk-rubbish.com/reviews.htm

We had a mile long walk yesterday to coincide with the Guinness book of records 'walk to school bus'[ we just went out as a whole school]

Children have been receiving free fruit tokens when their lunch boxes have contained healthy food.

competitions: ks2 design a healthy menu, and the winner will have their menu cooked by one of our TAs and they get to share the meal with two chosen friends. [last year they had a table with a cloth and flowers on and were served their meal on the school playing field.]

KS1 have been designing healthy lunch box menus for their competition.

down in ks1 we have been tasting different fruit. Y2 filled in their own sheet with smiley faces /sad /straight and enjoyed this task. Whilst the y1 just held up a circle depicting the above faces. some unusual ones such as Formosa and Sharon fruits were amongst things like grapefruit, kiwi, blueberries etc.

Ks1 also planting group pots outside containing herbs, tomato plants, lettuce, radishes etc.

Each class has baked with a couple of TAs, such as making fruit smoothies, carrot cakes, fruit crumbles, banana bread.

It's been a great week and tomorrow we will end it with a celebration of dance afternoon including the visitors who have taught dance in and out of school,Irish dancers, country dancing and loads more.

12. Hi Marshall, If you don't mind could you send me a copy of your plans too. It must be the time of year for getting healthy!
    millarswood@bushinternet.com
    Thank you :)

13. ps. thanks also to bluebell.
    and thanks bluerose. i've seen several of your posts and you are always so helpful.