1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Healthy heroes topic - geography link?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by amber_19, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Hi

I'm doing Healthy Hereoes and Vile Villains for my Spring 1 topic (Y2) but am really struggling to link in some geography?! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. Hi

I'm doing Healthy Hereoes and Vile Villains for my Spring 1 topic (Y2) but am really struggling to link in some geography?! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks [​IMG]

3. The Fruitheads series are a great set of books and in one they go to sea.
    http://www.thefruitheads.co.uk/
    I was blessed to win a set and read them when I taught Y2. The children loved the stories.
    It would depend who your heroes and villains are as well.

4. comenius

comenius New commenter

When we did Superheroes we did the local area for geography. They had to produce a report for 'Superhero High Command'!
    They went round in small groups with cameras and looked for places where the 'baddies' might have their lair ie rundown shops, places with graffitti, places where rubbish was dumped etc. They also had to find an ideal location for their Superhero hideout so they could protect the local people form the 'baddies'!
    They then produced a report with photos and explanations of why some places would be lairs for the baddies, why a certain place would be good for their hideout and the things that could be done to improve the area so that the 'baddies' would leave!!
    We were also going to plot these places on a map, but ran out of time!
    Maybe you could do co-ordinates and some map work? Have a map of a lair and they have to use co-ordinates to place objects in it.
    If you're linking Healthy Heroes to healthy eating, you could look at where different fruits come from, plot their journey on maps, find out about one particular fruit, how it gets from the plant to the Healthy Heroes plate....