1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Health insurance for my wife in Dubai

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Columbo2318, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Columbo2318

Columbo2318 New commenter

Hi all,

I am moving with my wife to Dubai to teach primary next month. My school will provide me with health insurance once my visa is sorted, but not my wife (as is the case with most employers). I will be sponsoring her residency on my visa, meaning she should be able to get health coverage when that is eventually sorted. However, due to pre-existing conditions, she will pretty much need health coverage right away. Does anyone know how I can arrange this? Or have any advice in this area? Many thanks

2. markedout

markedout Occasional commenter

Try a company called Holborn Assets, who have an office in Dubai and do all things financial.

3. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

Ask to speak to Keren Bobker, she is a very trustworthy and respected financial adviser. She would ensure that you get the right policy at the best price.

She helped me a lot when I lived there.

Alternatively, ask your school if they could include her on the schools policy/company and that you have that premium deducted from your salary. I am sure the school will be getting a good deal for multiple policies.

4. Columbo2318

Columbo2318 New commenter

Thank you, that's very helpful. Would you recommend sorting it out once we're there then, as their office is in Dubai?

5. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

I have an email for Keren. Perhaps you might want to email her to explain your position and she can advise of best way forward.

If you want it, please PM me. Thanks