1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

health and social care pgce?

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by san38, Oct 20, 2010.

1. san38

san38 New commenter

Hi
    I am an induction tutor at a school in the Midlands. I've been asked to try and find some Health and Social care PGCE students to do placements here as we have good possibilities of some jobs coming up. Does anyone know which Uni's do H&S care PGCE so that I can approach them to source trainees.
    Grateful for any help.

2. Hi,
    I am undertaking a PGCE in Health and Social Care at Nottingham University. I believe we have all been placed for TP now, but contacting them regards possible placements for the future would be fine... If the course runs again that is, due to recent bursary restraints in the Social Studies area.

3. Hello
    I would of loved a Health & Social care placement in the Midlands.
    What jobs do you having coming up?

4. Gloucester I think have a SCITT PGCE.

5. Warwick Uni do them

6. Hi.
    I know this was written in 2010 but I was hoping you may know of some placements available now. I have a conditional place at Nottingham Trent to gain my PGCE teacher training and although I have a placement in Leicester Hospital Schools, I still need one relevant to my preferred area of teaching which is Public Health. I have graduated with a 2.1 BA Hons degree in Health and Social Sciences but still need a health and Social Care placement. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank You
    Karen

7. Does this mean you need a placement at a school? I teach HSC (Level 2), if you're interested in a school in South East London.