1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Headteachers report to Governors

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by biscuit, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Hi all
    After some help! I am in the process of writing my first HT report to Governors. I don't wnat to use the previous HT's template as it linked to the SEF headings...I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share a template/ example with me? My email is bunntricia@hotmail.com
    Many thanks in advance

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

My preference is for the following:
    1 Standards and Achievements (a) How is the school progressing against key targets/performance indicators (statutory and non-statutory), e.g. in: - core subjects; - other subjects/aspects of the life of the school; - SEN; - behaviour/attendance? (b) Have there been any particular achievements by pupils? (c) What are the reasons for this level of progress? (The report should specify any differences related to particular groups of pupils in the school, e.g. by gender, ethnicity (including Traveller children and faith groups as appropriate), children looked after by the Authority, age-groups etc. as appropriate). 2 School Development Plan (incorporating the post-inspection Action Plan) (a) Are developments being put into practice as planned? If not, why not? (b) How effective are developments proving (in the context of the success criteria identified in the plan)? (c) What needs to be carried forward into next year’s plan? (d) What other priorities are emerging: - for this year; - for next year; - over the next three years? 3 Curriculum (This section of the Report may often be covered under sections 1 and 2 above). (a) How is the Health and Safety policy being implemented and how effective is it? 7 Resources: Premises (a) What condition are the premises in? (b) What maintenance or improvements need to be done or have been done? 8 Parents and Community (a) Have there been any significant communications or consultations with parents? (b) Are any needed? (c) What links have been developed with local business and/or the community? How have they contributed to the work of the school? (d) How is the policy on the use of premises working in practice? 9 Issues requiring discussion/decision by the Governing Body at the meeting It may be helpful to list those issues touched on in the Report on which Governors need to express a view or make a decision at the meeting. 10 Confidential Items In order to comply with School Government Regulation 24(2) concerning confidentiality, the Report should be divided in order that confidential items are separate. This section should, therefore, deal with confidential material relating to individuals such as teachers or pupils. In order to ensure that the Confidential Items can be produced and stored separately it should begin at the top of a separate page.

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

1 Standards and Achievements
    2 School Development Plan (incorporating the post-inspection Action Plan)
    3 Curriculum (This section of the Report may often be covered under sections 1 and 2 above).
    4 Pupil Issues (This section of the Report may often be covered under sections 1 and 2 above).
    5 Resources: Finance
    6 Resources: Personnel
    7 Resources: Premises
    8 Parents and Community
    9 Issues requiring discussion/decision by the Governing Body at the meeting It may be helpful to list those issues touched on in the Report on which Governors need to express a view or make a decision at the meeting.
    10 Confidential Items In order to comply with School Government Regulation 24(2) concerning confidentiality, the Report should be divided in order that confidential items are separate. This section should, therefore, deal with confidential material relating to individuals such as teachers or pupils. In order to ensure that the Confidential Items can be produced and stored separately it should begin at the top of a separate page.

4. a massive thankyou[​IMG]

5. Jesus how long do the meetings last?

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

The joys of being a governor BJ, you should see the list if questions ofsted ask them and the types of evidence they expect to see from them. All this from volunteer lay people. And then we wonder why we struggle to fill governor vacancies.

7. Thank you Nomad. I've been doing Governor reports for a while, and your template will be very useful for my next one.
    I'm currently tidying it up and making it into a word template if anyone is interested.

8. Hi
    Did you ever make the word template for the HT Report? I am oing to be acting head next term and that will be one of the tasks i will have to do that I have not done before. Would appreciate a copy if possible.
    Thanks
    suewardle@yahoo.com

9. I would also be really interested in a copy of your template if you have put it together. I have been an Acting Headteacher for the last term and have to put a report together for the first Governor's meeting in September before the new head takes over.
    Many thanks

My email is claire.baldwin@virgin.net

10. Hi
    I am due to take up my first headship in September and if you have put together a templete, this could be really useful (apologies for jumping on band wagon...) If you're able....
    my email is: johngregory19@hotmail.co.uk
    Many thanks

11. Have emailed you the proforma I use which is pretty similar - have made it an anyschool version so you can put in your own logo etc. If not useful just bin. Good luck :)

12. Please could I have a copy too?
    Thanks

13. Hi could I please have a copy of the template too? Many thanks. steven.r.thursby@btopenworld.com