1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Headteacher New Year Resolutions

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by harchie, Jan 2, 2011.

1. How about
    - plan , teach and assess a unit of work. This will help some heads remember what its like to be in the classroom.

2. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I teach 2 days a week. Out of choice, not necessity.

3. I teach 1 day a week and the odd bit of supply. My NY resolution is to spend more time in the class on an informal basis - working with the children not a lesson ob.

4. Definitely lose a stone and get fitter.
    Sort out my hard drive.
    Worklife balance (on the list for the third year running).

Good luck to all with your resolutions.

5. get fit
    lose weight
    go out midweek for a meal!
    Theatre or cinema at least once a month.

6. mychuck

mychuck New commenter

Ok...first day back at work and feeling rather pleased with myself as I haven't had a drink since midnight on New Year's Eve/Day. I am going for the full month and fingers crossed for two months.
    I have watched what I eaten since Saturday and have shed a MASSIVE 1lb!! The biscuits and tins of chocolate in the staffroom which were left over from Christmas have not tempted me yet.
    I might even make it to the gym tonight!!
    I've booked theatre tickets for the end of March and I have made a new resolution not to get wound up by posts from people who think that headteachers do nothing but drink coffee and sit in their offices all day. References to 'try planning a week's lessons etc' will be treated with the contempt they deserve. Plus having been a head a little while and worked as a 'partner head' helping other heads out in other settings; I would even go so far as to say some teachers ought to try planning a week's lessons worth watching.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!