1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Headteacher isn't signing my assessment

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by meenachowdhury8, Apr 2, 2020.

1. meenachowdhury8

meenachowdhury8 New commenter

Hi there,

I have a query about what the consequences are if my HT isn't signing my NQT assessment for my 2nd term on the due date.

My mentor was pleased with my progress and both of us have signed the doc digitally. We did this at the start of the month. However, my HT has failed to sign the assessment twice, which consequently meant that my mentor and I had to sign twice.

The due date is tomorrow and I've already requested the HT to sign it. I have also enquired this with one member of the NQT Association. I have had no response.

I'm getting anxious on what this means and the Consequences this has going forward.

Thanks.

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Pick up the phone..... ask the HT directly.....

3. meenachowdhury8

meenachowdhury8 New commenter

I wish I could not she's not in school and I don't have her personal number.

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Well, someone somewhere probably has her number. Ask around.

5. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

Do what you can, but there won't be any "consequences" I'm sure. Everybody understands nothing is working normally right now.

You have no idea what your head is dealing with today, illness, bereavement, children in melt down, partner aggressive, etc. It might just not be on the radar.

carntthink likes this.
  6. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

7. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

If your user name is your real name, I'd advise you change it x

Skeoch likes this.