1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

headteacher interview

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by chipsnegg, May 9, 2012.

1. chipsnegg

chipsnegg New commenter

I have just been through a HT interview process for a rural school in Cumbria. Two days of interview, three candidates. First day raise online report to governors, teach maths, student council, lunch with kids, teach choice, presentation, mini interview.
    Day two - one candidate not invited to interview. Other two (me included) make 15 minute presentation (given as homework overnight), and then (count it) two hour interview.

Although I didn't get the position, I felt so pleased that the GB were taking their responsibility seriously, were asking serious, thoughtful, and searching questions (I fell down in this area!)

would like to wish the successful candidate all the best, and the school Godspeed.

2. chipsnegg

chipsnegg New commenter

I have just been through a HT interview process for a rural school in Cumbria. Two days of interview, three candidates. First day raise online report to governors, teach maths, student council, lunch with kids, teach choice, presentation, mini interview.
    Day two - one candidate not invited to interview. Other two (me included) make 15 minute presentation (given as homework overnight), and then (count it) two hour interview.

Although I didn't get the position, I felt so pleased that the GB were taking their responsibility seriously, were asking serious, thoughtful, and searching questions (I fell down in this area!)

would like to wish the successful candidate all the best, and the school Godspeed.