1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Headship

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by jkg78, Sep 29, 2017.

1. jkg78

jkg78 New commenter

It was suggested by another poster to put my post on this thread to ask members of SLT for some insight. I've posted with permission of my 2 other teaching colleagues. We are a primary school, 63 on roll, 3 teachers.... We don't have a staffing structure that allows for SLT roles so we want to make sure we can raise sensible questions. None of us want to act up.
    Here is the original post.
    Our school is being left in a potentially difficult situation. Our HT leaves at the end of this term and the governing body haven't been able to recruit. They've made a decision in conjunction with the LA to recruit for next September, leaving us with no HT for two terms. It's been mentioned that they'll try to find an interim Acting HT for 2/3 days to support us. We are a very small school with no SLT. We have an opportunity to share concerns with the chair of governors. What questions should we raise? We all feel secure with the day to day teaching and management in our own classrooms, but what potential issues might be forgotten about or give real cause for concern with no leadership for two terms (almost an academic year). What do we need to fight for?
    We've begun a list... Your thoughts are most welcome. Thank you.

2. install

install Star commenter

As already stated on another forum: speak to your Union :cool:

3. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

GLsghost likes this.