1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Heads of Music Please Help!

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by manuscript2007, Mar 21, 2012.

1. manuscript2007

manuscript2007 New commenter

Hi everyone, just hoping for some advice. Have posted this on the music board too but HoDs comments but would really helpful.
    I have an interview for a job that I would love, second in dept in a great school, and part of the day includes an observed rehearsal. Clearly extra-curricular is high on their agenda! THey've sent me the music, which I am going through very carefully because I don't know it, but what would you want a candidate to do in this observed rehearsal? THey haven't sent any instructions or any details about the lesson I also have to teach yet.
    Do's and Don'ts....what should I avoid? Anything you think I definitely SHOULD do?
    THanks in advance.....a slightly freaked out candidate! x

2. manuscript2007

manuscript2007 New commenter

Hi everyone, just hoping for some advice. Have posted this on the music board too but HoDs comments but would really helpful.
    I have an interview for a job that I would love, second in dept in a great school, and part of the day includes an observed rehearsal. Clearly extra-curricular is high on their agenda! THey've sent me the music, which I am going through very carefully because I don't know it, but what would you want a candidate to do in this observed rehearsal? THey haven't sent any instructions or any details about the lesson I also have to teach yet.
    Do's and Don'ts....what should I avoid? Anything you think I definitely SHOULD do?
    THanks in advance.....a slightly freaked out candidate! x

3. casper

casper New commenter

Personally I would be concerned about this. sorry. I am a teacher first that is what I do. Yes I understand that school want extra curricular is high on their agenda, but is this more important than what you do in the classroom. This does not sound good to me, but that is just my opinion.