1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Headphones in the Primary ICT suite...HELP!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by becktonboy, Feb 6, 2012.

1. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

bought class pack of Coombers 10 years ago, still using them, have only replaced 4, have spare ear pads, cables still coil well enough: nothing else I have ever used in over 25 years (and I bought 2 or 3 'cheap' types) has come even close in terms of durability and cost effectiveness.
    Use them all the time with reception, just put up with the noise with large nursery groups.

2. goosey200

goosey200 New commenter

Thanks for the tip (I just hope my school will allow me the money!)

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I bought a Coomber and earphones for reception ... not a single pair survived the year. I've got to be honest I've not found any earphones that last so now I buy cheap ones and replaceas needed. My Y2 [​IMG]class seem to chew the wires

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I'm truly surprised, as I said the ones I bought for the ICT suite are still going strong after 10 years. Ones bought to go with Coomber units in the rest of the school have outlived the tape/CD players they were bought with. By 'survived' do you mean actually broken or just ear pads missing? they can be replaced, tho' I have only ever done that a few times.
    That's what I did for a few years and then realised that after a few replacements the Coombers were actually cheaper and, more importantly, I didn't have to go through long periods when there weren't enough for whole class work before I could order some more.
    Feed them properly! or give them old stuff to gnaw on...?

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

No I mean no longer functioning
    We've had everything from the wires pulled out (either where they connect to the jack plug or to the ear pieces) to the jack plugs snapped in the headphone connection point in the tower...
    I can actually get as much use out of cheap headsets as out of the Coomber set so it no longer seems worth paying more and as it is I seem to spend half my time saying get the wire out of your mouth! ...