1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Headphones for the computers.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by scary_thomas, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Hmm, I wonder if no such thing exists!

2. louisea

louisea New commenter

I don't<strike> </strike>think they do! There is certainly a market there. We have one computer in the classroom and I just bought speakers for that but if you have 5 computers that isn't an option. The curly wires are also a problem getting all tangled up too.
    Good luck searching!
    Louise

3. I'm not sure about where to buy the headphones but I just wanted to share what a child in my class came up with this year.

In order to keep the headphones safe when not being used, he got a teddy bear and sat it by the computer. We now put the headphones on the teddy when not in use. Genius, and very very cute!

4. I was sure someone on here would know!!!
    Will have to plump for something my current headphones are tangling in their hair!

5. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

My TA was so fed up withthe tangle of wires on the headphones she ordered wireless headphones which are absolutely brilliant.I will find out the details ....not very expensive,found on the internet.(Yes the order was approved!)

6. I was thinking wireless would probably be the only things that would stop the wire-mangle/death factor. Used to work in a school library and we NEVER got a handle on the headphone issue - they broke, they walked, earpieces fell off, the kids discovered the joys of putting them on the PC monitors (prob not in early years thankfully!) bane of my life!

Most places I go have given up and just put speakers on - which small boys invariably find the volume controls for and turn them up full blast for giggles.

7. Ive got those story phones for the listening area but they're too small even though they're designed for children! We just use poundland headphones and the children cope just fine, we have flat screen computers and they hook over the top when not in use, or are stored behind if it's not a ''listening game''