1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Headphones for ICT Suite

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by captain oats, Jan 19, 2011.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

(I've also posted this on Primary - but thought I would try here too!)

I am about to lose the plot with the children and staff at my school that cannot seem to put headphones for the computers in the ICT suite away properly!
    >
    The wires get tangled and they snap really easily. At the moment we just put them in a box with the wires wrapped round them, this isn't working as the earphones get broken!

As ICT cooridinator I have quite a bit of my budget left that I need to spend before Feb so was looking for ideas:

1) Can you recommend any decent headphones that don't break so easily.

2) How do you store headphones? (I have tried putting them on hooks attached to the computers - this didn't work either!)

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

A4 size plastic ziplock bags solve all problems.
    as for what ones to buy I just get them from the local pound shop, as they have mics on too.

3. Oh captain oates!!

Label them, then when they get the headphones, make of note of who has which pair, then, when a pair comes back damaged; you have a culprit

4. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Oh come on you really want to keep a dbase of which kid has which set of headphones, they are a pound a piece, except "**** happens" and some get broken. We lose about 10 a term but they are used in so many lessons. Big whoop £10.

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I've neen using the same set of Coomber headphones for a number of years, replacing the odd pad. They are kept in baskets next to workstations. I've saved a lot of money and aggravation.