1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Heading to Cairo Aug/Sept

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Foneypharaoh, May 13, 2011.

1. What school you are going to? Do you know if you are going to a school in the October 6th area or the Maadi/Kattameya area? Maybe even to the Amy Winehouse outfit...
    Either way, you will meet a lot of teachers, like-minded, possibly, and there is plenty to do. I wouldn't focus too much on spending time with new staff like yourself, but be happy to mingle with the large, sometimes partygoing ex-pat community out here.
    There's something for eveyone out here, but not everyone takes to Cairo.
    Good luck.

2. Sheikh Zayed! I have been lurking around the forum so know I will be joining the team at your place[​IMG]. Can't wait, already love Cairo and am wondering how much has changed since I was last there.

3. Not a lot.
    A few fights burst out every now and then. If anyone asks you what religion you would like to be for God's (?) sake don't say "Christian, no Muslim, maybe Buddhist".
    All sorts will kick off!
    What school were you at previously? Even better PM and tell me where, and who you are.