1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head teacher retiring - ideas for leaving assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tange, Oct 18, 2009.

1. tange

tange New commenter

Hi there,
    Our head teacher is retiring due to ill health. I need to think of something that my class could write, make, act, sing etc... for a leaving assembly.
    Does anybody have any ideas?
    Many thanks in advance.

2. Hi
    Do you have a song that you could change the words to?
    When our AHT retired we all sang a song that she used to do in the Xmas concert a lot. It was the tune of 'Must be Santa'. Who has a beard that's long and white? Santa has a beard that is long and white....
    We changed the words to fit all the great things she did...who puts up a great display, who wipes our knees when we've fallen down, who sings songs in assembly...
    It went down really well and she loved it! You may have a similar song that you could do this too?
    x

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Give him/her a chance to star in his/her own version of 'Desert Island Discs'. I.e., being interviewed and able to tell of his/her most treasured moments at the school together with some snatches of his/her favourite music.
    The theme tune to DID is Eric Coates' "By the Sleepy Lagoon", btw.

4. tange

tange New commenter

Oh thank you - some food for thought here!
    I want it to be special; she is going to be missed.
    Thank you so much for the ideas.

5. This is your life ?.
    Showing schools achivements while they were Head, news headlines from the era they were Head (Major news events/local news), achievements of past pupils.
    Songs when you appointed.

6. tange

tange New commenter

Thank you iamagoodgirl.... I like all of the above ideas.