1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head teacher application

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Haroldandmaude, Jul 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Haroldandmaude

Haroldandmaude New commenter

@TheoGriff Where would I find the headteacher application advice that you mentioned in another post? I am preparing my application over the summer and would welcome any insights that you have. Thank you.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

3. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

There are loads of previous threads from posters who are applying for headship who need advice. The advice I can give you is to research the school you are applying to, how many pupils on roll, exam results etc.. Structure. This can help determine a 5 year plan they may require you to set up. If you was successful, I would strongly advise that you do not go in and change everything. You've got to build the respect and trust in your staff before you do anything, just because a process works well in your current school does not necessarily mean that it is suited to the new school.