1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes - in French!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by liz_ford72, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I am currently preparing for a lesson observation next week where I am teaching a class of KS3 children the body parts in French. I teach at a school for children with SLD.
    I was hoping to be able to show a video / audio clip of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes in French on the interactive whiteboard, but am having big problems finding it anywhere. The only ones I have found are on You Tube and not really suitable as you can't tell what is being said!
    I was wondering if anyone else had come across something that could be appropriate, or if not, if any one knows of any alternatives that teach some of the body parts?
    Thanks

2. mpc

mpc

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I just do it myself and get the kids to copy me, then play Jacques a dit with by making them touch the correct body part. Saves making a powerpoint, and means they get to stand up and wave their arms about a bit!

4. megmogndowl

megmogndowl New commenter

I also use the Alien language website (I can't remember the exact web address but you should be able to google it) The kids love it 'cos it's a bit gorey.

5. Teafrog79

Teafrog79 New commenter

If you can get your hands on the "Take 10" book of songs for primary schools, it's on it and the music is actually quite modern. I remember one year 9 boy doing some break dance moves on it.

6. funambule

funambule New commenter

`Take 10 en francais' would be great for your needs- there are video clips too!