1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of Year Interview Questions and Presentation HELP!!

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by wendylb, Mar 8, 2007.

1. I have an interview coming up for Head of Year and have been asked to prepare a presentation to show to the school council on what i will do for their year group as a head of year! it is Year 8. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also what questions am i likely to be asked?

Thanks

2. I have an interview coming up for Head of Year and have been asked to prepare a presentation to show to the school council on what i will do for their year group as a head of year! it is Year 8. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also what questions am i likely to be asked?

Thanks

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

The questions are likely to refer to the job description you were given before applying.

So what WILL you do for Y8, if appointed? That's what your presentation is about. How can we tell you what to say?

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Sorry Wendy.

I have absolutely no idea what YOU will do for Year 8 if successful.

Can't help.

5. Thanks for your responses!!!! Ok, so i didnt make it v clear! am writing this on behalf of someone else...the task is to prepare an 'assembly' on standards and expectations for Year 8 and it has to be presented to school council! Obviously wanna spice things up and do it a little different...

we have some ideas already but would like to hear views from experienced heads of years!

staceyheward likes this.
  6. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

So it's not your interview? You're helping someone else?

And the pair of you still can't do it without asking for help?

7. and to think i have given loads of people help on here and all you can do is send sarcasm?! Can you not find anything else to do with your time?!! have got some marking you can do if you want!

glad i dont work with you! very helpful!

8. Wendy the pair of them are knobs

staceyheward likes this.
  9. Thanks!! i agree with u!

staceyheward likes this.
  10. Well in that case ... I will be a "****" too

Post 1 says one thing ... it says "I don't know I am going to do if I get this job"

Post 4 says another thing "It is not my job and the question I asked in post one is now a completely different question"

Since you are now saying something else perhaps you could

a. Make clear what help is needed
    b. Give people some idea of what you want to say
    c. Give people the chance to comment and add

11. Oh

Forgot to say

Why are you preparing someone elses interview presentation?

12. Hi,

Sorry to see such idiots in our profession.

I also have an interview for a head of year 7 position on Monday. This is my first interview of this type, and was wondering what sort of questions may be asked...

I have a very clear direction that I would wish to take the year, and would like to be prepared for the types of questions that may be asked.

I would very much appreciate any help you could give, sarcastic losers need not reply!

Many thanks!

staceyheward likes this.
  13. Not wanting to be @rsey, but *so many* of these threads pop up that I'm starting to think people can't use the search button.

I've answered this question loads of times, and I'm afraid I'm now not going to make the effort to find my own cut and paste questions if people can't be bothered to search.

Good luck to you though, all the same.

14. I've been Head of Year 7 for 20 years: if I was going to interview you, I'd give you lots of scenarios such as:
    * a stroppy parent rings you up at 8.30am to complain about a member of staff, how do you deal with it?
    * two girls are brought to you crying at lunchtime, one of them has scratches down her arm...what are you going to do?
    * how do currently induct the Year 7s into the school - could this be improved?
    * what clubs would you run/or encourage to be run for Year 7s?
    Good luck! :)

15. staceyheward

staceyheward New commenter

Do you have to be quite so negative and abrupt? If you aren't going to help, don't respond!

16. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

You do realise the comment you quote is actually from 10 (TEN) years ago.
    The most recent comment before yours was from 8 1/2 years ago.

I reckon most people will have got over it by now.

17. sesalmon

sesalmon New commenter

Head of year 7 and transition

What do your school do for Year 7 induction and transition period?

How does your school track Year 7?

Thanks