1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of sixth form interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by alisonjordan1, Jun 24, 2012.

1. I have applied for a Head of Sixth form post at my school and have an interview next week. Any guidance on possible questions or topics I should be aware of would be really useful. I'm reading lots and preparing as much as I can.

2. I have applied for a Head of Sixth form post at my school and have an interview next week. Any guidance on possible questions or topics I should be aware of would be really useful. I'm reading lots and preparing as much as I can.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

WEll done!
    Topics could be about getting them into the sixth form (How would you encourage this?), what they should study (How many subjects? IB? Extra-curricular?), pastoral issues (Drugs? Over-18s?), and getting themn out, especially guidance on careers and UCAS.
    I expect that you have though of most if not all of these on your own!
    Best wishes