1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of languages interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by valeriehurst, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,
    I have an interview for Head of division in a 6th form College.
    On the day I will be given some data to analyse and will have to present my findings to the panel. I am very worried about this. Have you got any tips or advice? How can I prepare?
    Thank you,!

2. Dear Theo,
    I have an interview for Head of division in a 6th form College.
    On the day I will be given some data to analyse and will have to present my findings to the panel. I am very worried about this. Have you got any tips or advice? How can I prepare?
    Thank you,!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting that interview!
    You will be expected to either look at exam results and say what went right, what went wrong, and what you would do about it, or look at current achievement data, and say what you would do to ensure exam results were better than they look predicted. Or something similar.
    I suggest that you talk to your current Head of department about this - s/he should do this sort of thing regularly.
    We have a tradition on here that when you get a job, you start a brand new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job! We look forward to reading yours!
    Tip for next time: put the dear Theo in the title - I don't open every thread on the off chcnce that it says that inside . . .
    Best wishes

4. Thank you Theo! Do you think there could be something specific for the 6th Form, ie, ALPS etc..? Do you know of any sites or publications that could explain all these sats/
    I am so grateful for your help!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter