1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of Humanities Job

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by fpno@another.com, May 21, 2012.

1. fpno@another.com

fpno@another.com New commenter

Hi all,
    I'm finally leaving Nightingale, if anyone fancies applying for my job and becoming Head of Humanities at an Academy where RS is one of the most popular subjects, please apply. RS is compulsory at KS4 for all students. Top sets do full course in an hour a week. RS is taught distinctly from Years 7-11.
    See here for more info.
    http://www.tes.co.uk/job/director-of-humanities-77436/
    Any questions PM me ...
    Good luck
    Farid

2. Hi Farid,
    Just reading your post, how do you find teaching RE GCSE in 1 lesson a week, we are doing this in the new term. What Spec do you do, any advice.
    Thanks
    sarah

3. fpno@another.com

fpno@another.com New commenter

Hi Sarah,
    It's hard work but it's more than possible. We end up doing the full course for about half the students and the remaining can only cope with a half GCSE. We are studying the Edexcel Religion and Life and Society courses.
    This is fine for now, next year's year 10 obviously all have to do Full Course as the short course is worth even less than it is now! If I was still here, I would probably move to WJEC where the content is still interesting and the exam appears to be more straight forward. This would allow all students to do the Full Course.
    Farid