1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of faculty application-advice needed please

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by loujb, Jan 29, 2011.

1. I have seen a Head of humanities job in India. I was head of history for three years but returned in September two days a week (after mat leave) as classroom teacher.
    How is hof different from hod except that you're managing more than one team? How is the job app different? They've asked for evidence that I successfully ran a team. Exam results? Apart from that I'm not sure how to prove it.
    Is this too much of a jump up, esp after leave?
    Thanks

2. I'd suspect as head of humanities you might have to lead heads of subject areas rather than just a team of teachers, which could cause all sorts of points of conflict over roles and responsibilities. Evidence for running a team would not equate with exam results in my opinion. In my opinion, given your questions, it might not be the right time for you to apply for this role, but then again, why not? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.