1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of English interview - advice please

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by carlamurd, Apr 6, 2011.

1. I have an interview for Head of English at a 'good' school according to Ofsted. Can anyone offer me any advice or insight into specific questions that would be asked? Perfect answers would also be welcome ;).

2. Make sure that you have read the last couple of Ofsted reports and be able to give them ways in which they can still improve.
    Be aware of the outstanding criteria for Ofsted.
    Think about condensed KS3 and how this can be implemented into this school - have you any experience/know of schools that have done it and issues/success that they had
    Think about how you are going to lead the department and deal with any issues that could arise from you being a new member of staff - how are you going to fit into the school

Hope this helps, what area is the internview in?

3. dealing with a parent/child/group of children/member of staff/senior members of staff/coursework/struggling teacher/unreliable teacher. Managing change. Knowledge of current changes in curriculum, intervention strategies, raising attainment.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Plus pop over to the JobSeekers Forum, open the Welcome thread and read the interview clickables for general tips and ideas about interviews.
    Well done for getting that interview - I'm sure you can shine on the day!
    Best wishes.
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!