1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of Dept Controlling and ignores me

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Sidthepig, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Sidthepig

Sidthepig New commenter

Thank you both.
    It helps to know that my initial feelings about the situation were correct. I will be keeping a diary and now I know my views are correct I can now move forwards with my defence.

2. Sidthepig

Sidthepig New commenter

There has been no discussion about her, Rosie. They all keep to their rooms or nod in agreement with her. When we are all together, which is rare, the atmosphere to me seems tense and awkward. No-one stands up to her.
    I have kept reasonably quiet but the dept seems to be stiffled of growth and it feels as if most are waiting either for her to leave or waiting for retirement. Meanwhile the pupils suffer because they are not getting the best from their teachers. We are all trying to get by without proper leadership, discussion or any decent resources.
    The school wants its grade % raised but it is difficult in such a confined environment. I am at a loss as to what to do. Do I follow suit and just bide my time or do I "upset the apple cart"? The latter could make me a target and I need a job. It took me a long time to get this present job. What fun!

3. Do you believe in the principle of karma or what goes around comes around?
    If so, just continue as you are and collect evidence when necessary.
    One day, SLT will see her for what she is and she will face the consequences!
    I'm speaking from experience! :)
    If you don't believe in it, you might want to make job seeking your new hobby on a long term basis if you feel that you can't live with her behaviour anymore!