1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of Dept. application letter

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by gomma, Mar 5, 2005.

1. I am not suprised at all, Resupreme You have been so helpful to everyone. Sorry for being so pushy. In my case it helped me to assess myself as I am always the last one to find out whats going on in the staffroom. I have to be more proactive, if this is the right word.
    thanks again for being there, you must be a great person to work for/with.

2. Please can I also be cheeky and ask for a copy too. Thanking you in advance
    jench@webmail.co.za

3. I would really appreciate a copy too - many many thanks in advance. As a native speaker I feel very insecure expressing myself in the English language especially when it comes to applications. Please mail copy to
    bertie.info@virgin.net

Does any of you know whether there is a book one can purchase about letters of applications and statements which have to be included, interviews tactics etc - or is there a website with examples.
    Thank you very much

4. read post 41!!!
    at long last will this be the end to the stream of requests on this thread???!!!!

5. Um, could I have a copy too please? Maybe you should just put it on a website - you could earn a fortune! Many thanks

6. Hi Genti, could you be so kind and send me a copy of your letter too. I don't seem to have much luck lately ..Thanks in advance
    princesse_gb@yahoo.fr

7. Some literacy issues here?!

Perhaps someone who received a copy of the letter could forward it to all the posters who posted after post 41?

8. I think we would have to ask the original writer first....I was lucky enough to get a copy, and am waiting to see if the parts I used from it will get me an interview as we speak!

If Resupreme is happy to allow this, then I would be happy to help, but it would be wrong of me not to ask permission first!!

9. Still further literacy issues. Look at post 41, page 5 before adding any further requests!

I wonder if one of the previous recipients of the letter might ask Resupreme if it might be further distributed and then post back.

Or perhaps, one of the previous recipients might be willing to share their own application letters, in the light of information received.

Either way, perhaps people could stop asking for a copy when it has been clearly stated that no more copies will be e-mailed out?!

10. sdonn, if permission was granted you by the original writer,(Resupreme)sending me a copy of the original will be highly regarded. The reason why I was so late to connect is simple and straight and forward- a head giving me hell for resigning. It's only now that the course has been cleared that I can look forward to life in fields anew.
    My e-mail address is as follows:-
    mdysymor@hotmail.com

Thank you kindly in advance.

11. Hi Kangol,

I have no problem with sharing the letter, so long as it is ok with Resupreme. If you want to ask permission on my behalf, that would be fine. I'm not being difficult, but it would be cheeky of me to assume the credit for something I didn't write.

Good luck with the job hunting!

12. i would hate to think that a potential head of my department would get the job (interview at least) on the back on someone elses letter.

if you cant write a good enough letter then get help with letter writing, dont just ask for a quick fix.

please pleases please stop the madness

13. I think that was the whole purpose of asking for a copy! It would be foolish and niaive of anyone to simply copy the letter.....I have used it to get a better idea of what key points to talk about. Everyone will obviously have their own input to add to it.

Surely this in itself, is an aid to letter writing in itself...

Anyway, madness stopped now!

Peace x

14. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

There is a HoD job in the TES this week that I quite fancy. Could you:-

Send for na info pack for me
    Fill it in and send it back
    Iron my suit
    Make sure that I get up in time for the interview
    Send me a list of the questions that will be asked at the interveiw
    Plan and teach my sample lesson
    Supply all of the SoW
    Wash my car
    Trim my toenails

Ps,,,,I prefer ariel font to Times New Roman

15. Not married then bbibbler!!

It would be nice if someone would do all that for us though!!

Apart from the last bit.....can't do feet!!

16. bbibbler, you did make me laugh.
    For those who want to move up the professional ladder, you need for your letter (and interview if your letter is good enough) to look at the job spec. Then write about a third of your letter on your philosophy/ strengths (fitting it to job spec) a third on your experience (ditto) and a third on your vision for new post.
    You can't make a good impression by copying a letter for a different job.

17. having difficlt writting an application letter and have know morals on plagiarism. could any help and let me have a look at theirs

cheers

darren@markey.org.uk