1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of Dept. application letter

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by gomma, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Hi..wonder if I could have some advice.
    I am in my third year of teaching and have been acting head of dept. since sept. when my HOD went on maternity leave. I am applying for a HOD job elsewhere, any advice on the kind of things to put into an application letter for a head of Dept. job? Also a bit concerned about my experince after only 3 years in the job...any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Hi..wonder if I could have some advice.
    I am in my third year of teaching and have been acting head of dept. since sept. when my HOD went on maternity leave. I am applying for a HOD job elsewhere, any advice on the kind of things to put into an application letter for a head of Dept. job? Also a bit concerned about my experince after only 3 years in the job...any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

3. You need to underline what things you can do that your HoD does normally and if you have done any of them before, then give examples. Also identify areas to be developed and how you could contribute to that development with your knowledge/skills.
    I can email you my standard application letter if you want to, just let me have your email and I will send it to you.
    Good luck!

4. please could I be cheaky and look at it too?
    silverback1@bushinternet.com

i was an nqt last year and i've got the opportunity to apply for a hod at another school. i'd like to take y chances as i know i've got what it takes to lead a dept but 'm afraid of the consequences (bitching etc)of facing my current school if i'm unsucessful. what do you think?
    honest replies please...

5. clairabee,
    I have replied to you in another message. I shall send you my statament in a mo!

6. Clairabee,
    the email Ive sent you has bounced back...is you email address correct? or...is it full?

7. i have a really good Head of Dept application letter if you would like a copy. Quite easily adaptable to most subjetcs. Never failed to get an interview!

8. can i be really cheeky too?
    Am applying for head dept in my current school...wqould be really really grateful!!!
    Cheers!!

jenstarchick76@yahoo.co.uk

9. thanks for that guys would love tpo see ac opy of your application leteers...and good luck to everyone else applying for hods jobs!
    nikki@f2s.com

10. Can I please have a copy of HOD application letter? I am applying for these jobs.

Thanks

11. Can I please have a copy of HOD applicatin letter?
    sorry forgot to put my e-mail add

sanjika2001@yahoo.com

Many thanks

12. This is really cheeky but can I have a copy too. Applying for HOD in my current school. Much appreciated.

linskill@hotmail.com

13. Sorry to be rude, but I am in the middle of writing a letter of application for head of department, at my current school and would be extremely grateful is I could have a look at the letter of application..... Many thanks

gaferguson@tiscali.co.uk

14. ...........and we moan at the kids for plagiarising coursework!!!