1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of Department job share

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by juneailbe, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hi, I am currently on maternity leave from my Head of Science job and have requested a reduction in my working hours as part of a job share arrangement on my return. The headteacher has refused my request and I am now putting together my appeal to the school governors. I would like to contact other schools with successful HoD job shares to help support my appeal and reassure the governors that job sharing at management level can, and does, work. Can anyone help? :)

2. Hi, I am currently on maternity leave from my Head of Science job and have requested a reduction in my working hours as part of a job share arrangement on my return. The headteacher has refused my request and I am now putting together my appeal to the school governors. I would like to contact other schools with successful HoD job shares to help support my appeal and reassure the governors that job sharing at management level can, and does, work. Can anyone help? :)