1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of department interview - HELP

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by hatchervian, May 12, 2007.

1. Hi, I've been invited for a Head of Department interview on Monday - nothing like short notice :) I have to teach a lesson which I'm not worried about but am very scared about the interview as I clam up in interviews. Any questions or advice you could give me would be great. Do you think I should take a portfolio of my achivements with me - e.g. posters and programmes of shows?

2. Hi, I've been invited for a Head of Department interview on Monday - nothing like short notice :) I have to teach a lesson which I'm not worried about but am very scared about the interview as I clam up in interviews. Any questions or advice you could give me would be great. Do you think I should take a portfolio of my achivements with me - e.g. posters and programmes of shows?

3. Muso-Tim sorry to bother you I have head of department interview on Mon i know it's short notice but wondered if could get a copy of those questions. It's a PE job.
    leanne_charles@hotmail.com

4. Hi! I am going for my first Head of Department interview next Friday and my first interview in England! Very worried!! I would be interested to know what to prepare t take with me and any hints from people. I have not had an interview in many years, as Australia you do not apply to each job or school. You transfer etc.... So my last formal interview was 16 years ago!!!! Any help would be great!

5. I use the star format (taught to me by my recruitment adviser wife) to answer questions with real examples, covering at least one of the job specs into each answer.
    S Situaiton
    T Task
    A Action Taken
    R Result
    It helps me talk at length and to purpose, without waffling
    Good luck :)