1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of department for History.

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by Knowslittle, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hello all,

having read a few posts I know that asking for peoples letters of application is a No no. I am not asking for that.

I am a third year teacher who currently teaches across all the key stages and runs the department. However, I was essentially given the role of HoD because of a sickness. Since then I have generally done a reasonable job (good results, improved up take, extra curricular work). However, I am looking to move on.

Firstly, am I too inexperienced for applying for another HoD role outside my own school?

Secondly, in my statement I stated many of the things I had enabled the pupils to achieve. However, there was no plan for the department I might inherit (seemed pointless). Was this is a mistake?

Finally, what are the tick boxes that should be covered in a HoD application? Are they any more different than one for a normal teaching post?

thanks in advance.

2. Hello all,

having read a few posts I know that asking for peoples letters of application is a No no. I am not asking for that.

I am a third year teacher who currently teaches across all the key stages and runs the department. However, I was essentially given the role of HoD because of a sickness. Since then I have generally done a reasonable job (good results, improved up take, extra curricular work). However, I am looking to move on.

Firstly, am I too inexperienced for applying for another HoD role outside my own school?

Secondly, in my statement I stated many of the things I had enabled the pupils to achieve. However, there was no plan for the department I might inherit (seemed pointless). Was this is a mistake?

Finally, what are the tick boxes that should be covered in a HoD application? Are they any more different than one for a normal teaching post?

thanks in advance.