1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head of Computing TLR

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by 1oneRanger, Nov 11, 2016.

1. 1oneRanger

1oneRanger New commenter

There is a post available for a Head of Computing in the school that I teach. I was wondering what the average TLR is for this role?

The scale is broad and it varies between subjects. But what would this be for Computing?

Thanks in advance

2. Mr_G_ICT

Mr_G_ICT New commenter

Depends, anywhere between 2.8k and 4k depending on dept size and how good it is

3. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

£48k with outer London allowance. There are no allowances and standards anymore. Your Head will try to get you to work for as little as they can whilst getting you to agree to do as much as possible, with a glance possibly to the school's own pay policy and comparable salaries in other departments. You shouldn't get carried away with increasing your workload, time commitments and stress considerably for a few grand extra a year, especially if this is your first promotion, and don't just agree to anything in your excitement. Aim high and be prepared to walk away - there will be other jobs. You are likely to be one of only a few candidates applying. Personally, I wouldn't.

PS It's not my job you are applying for, is it? :)