1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Head is convincing me to stay - what should I ask for?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dowager_countess, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Hi all, I am an NQT, I told my HT last week that I would be looking elsewhere for September 2011 posts. He then came back to me a few days later offering a retention bonus and various fast-track to management options... It seems quite open ended and I might be able to almost create a list of requests that it seems he wants to meet..

I'm just wondering what would be a good thing to do here, supposing I do end up staying? How does the retention bonus work? I was wondering whether I should just ask to go onto M3 instead of M2 next sept? What do you think?

Has this happened to anyone else recently? I'm not that unhappy with my current school but its in KS1 at an infants school and I do fancy trying years 3 and 4 in the near future.

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

I think you need to reconsider why you decided to look for a new post so early in your career. Are the promises the HT is making more important than why you made that decision in the first place? If you agree to stay on based on whatever package is offered, then effectively you are (morally at least) making a long-ish term commitment to the school.