1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

he forgot my birthday :-(

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon63, Feb 8, 2011.

1. I don't know why I'm surprised and upset really. We've not had much contact since everything reached a head a few weeks ago and I said he needed to make up his mind what he wanted. I get little soppy texts saying he misses me etc but no phone calls and not seen him for three weeks. He's having his counselling sessions but I'm not sure if they're helping.

I've turned 35 today. I left my phone at home as I couldn't bear to be checking it all day and then when I got home I had a message from him saying he's travelling up north. Nothing about my birthday. I texted to ask if he had remembered. He said he hadn't. I tried to call him but he didn't answer and texted to say he's on the train and can't speak. My friends are coming over soon as I have to admit to them that he's not only not here but that he forgot and hasn't sent a card, hasn't even called.
    I am not sure I can get any lower than this without dropping into a pit.

2. I don't know why I'm surprised and upset really. We've not had much contact since everything reached a head a few weeks ago and I said he needed to make up his mind what he wanted. I get little soppy texts saying he misses me etc but no phone calls and not seen him for three weeks. He's having his counselling sessions but I'm not sure if they're helping.

I've turned 35 today. I left my phone at home as I couldn't bear to be checking it all day and then when I got home I had a message from him saying he's travelling up north. Nothing about my birthday. I texted to ask if he had remembered. He said he hadn't. I tried to call him but he didn't answer and texted to say he's on the train and can't speak. My friends are coming over soon as I have to admit to them that he's not only not here but that he forgot and hasn't sent a card, hasn't even called.
    I am not sure I can get any lower than this without dropping into a pit.

3. Ooft. That's rough...

35's still young, by the way. Just in case you think you won't meet anyone else..? I'm sure that doesn't help though, sorry.

Get drunk tonight. Emote. If you can't have a good time, at least void your troubles onto your friends. That's what they're for.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

That's lousy!! But come on - your friends are on the way round - are you going to spend the night talking about him or having a nice time with people who want you to enjoy your day. Just put him in a box at the back of your mind and have a nice evening. Deal with him later.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY[​IMG]

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

ooh conflicting advice - which one will you choose?

6. I know he is having a rough time and the counselling and I know counselling can take a lot out of you and your brain if all over the place for a bit until all the bits are plaited back together again but
    THAT IS NOT ON! Especially to then text and say he couldn't speak because he is on a train! FGS - you point it out to him and at least then he could have rung!
    Now then, Missy - your friends are coming round, you will not mope, you will not fret, you will not sob...
    You will PAAAAAAAAARTY!!
    And I wish you a Happy Birthday and lots of cake!
    [​IMG]

7. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

[​IMG]
    I agree with trying to forget about what a **** he has been tonight and enjoy your lovely friends.

8. Get drunk. Not usually allowed but on your birthday and in this situation it's the best solution. And for what it's worth, that is selfishness of the highest order to be dealt with tomorrow! Happy birthday to you! I'm 35 next week too...

9. Really selfish and self centred. Sounds like he wasn't even apologetic for it either!
    Is it worth spending any more time and emotion on this man?
    Happy Birthday from me xxx

10. We all get caught up in other things but forgetting your birthday is a bit lame.
    Have a fabulous evening with fabulous friends, happy birthday xx

11. Happy Birthday!
    Are you drunk yet? If that's the plan, I think I might be tempted to take the battery and SIM out of my phone first, in case I got too drunk and emotional.
    Have a good one, whatever. And I'm still really hoping things work out for you both. x

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Sorry to hear that. I hope your friends are doing a good job of taking your mind off it, that or letting you have a very theraputic vent.
    Wishing you a Happy Birthday [​IMG]

13. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

I think that it's perfectly natural under the circumstances, if that's any comfort. I would be crucified.
    It strikes me that this must be a really confusing situation to be in... how do you view the situation? How does he view it?
    I suspect it's worth clarifying where you're at right now - if you can't do that with him then at least in your own head. How do you expect him to behave? Does he know that those are your expectations?
    I'm really sorry - I think that he's been exceptionally selfish and I know that it must be difficult to enjoy your birthday, but I hope you have the best one that you can have.

14. Beestoni - sorry, no advice- it's my birthday too today, just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. Keira

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

You know how kids are supposed to have their names sewn into every item of clothing so they don't lose them in a moment of forgetfulness?

I suggest you have some labels made up with 'February 8th' printed on them, and try out your new sewing machine on the contents of his wardrobe ;-)

16. ROFL!
    Actually, beestoni, I would take an Edding and write 08.02.76 on every single CD and DVD that he owns.
    Keira - Happy Birthday to you too! Have some cake...
    [​IMG]

17. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Happy Birthday!
    Noticed you're off to bed so have a fabulous dream where you are whisked away by a man who truly deserves you! Glad you had a good night, friends are great for the crappy times. Have a wonderful rest of the week and I hope you celebrate well into the weekend. x

18. Wishing you a slightly belated birthday xx
    My O/H <u>never</u> forgets MY birthday. This might be something to do with the fact that I share my 'special day' with his dad !!