1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hayfever

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by phlogiston, Jun 5, 2011.

1. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Been there- with nose bleeds!
    One minor reason for my staying in my current school is that what I'm allergic to (and I don't actually know what it is!) doesn't grow round here. Hay fever is worse elsewhere!
    Things I've found helpful.
    Regular face and hand washing
    Small amounts of vaseline round nose
    In extreme cases, I've washed my nose out with water - yuk but sometimes helped.
    Sunglasses when out (my hay fever seemed to include sensitivity to bright light)
    Hope you find something to help,
    P

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Get a Beconase nose spray. They are around a fiver at Boots.
    If I forget to take a couple of puffs a day, I become congested, headachey, irritable, tired and overwhelmed by allergy. It makes such a difference.

3. After never suffering with hay fever in our lives before, my son and I both started suffering with it last June. He put it down to a repeat bout of sinusitis, to which he is prone; I reckoned it was the world's longest cold or maybe the dust from the building work.
    We were both prescribed Beconase sprays. Lo it is June and it is back. I didn't know it was something you could just get - i thought either you had it from childhood or didn't.