1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hay on wye

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Apr 18, 2011.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

welll i have arrived....and fisrt impressions whatadump!
    Everythng closes at 5.30 prompt...only on place to eat inthe whole of the local village tonight and although the meal was very nice a very very limited choice of menu..oh this is good start lol
    <h1>I think we will be bugging off to english civilisation tomorrow...althugh wife is happy she canwatch her soaps while i am cast outto the back kitchen
    </h1>

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

welll i have arrived....and fisrt impressions whatadump!
    Everythng closes at 5.30 prompt...only on place to eat inthe whole of the local village tonight and although the meal was very nice a very very limited choice of menu..oh this is good start lol
    <h1>I think we will be bugging off to english civilisation tomorrow...althugh wife is happy she canwatch her soaps while i am cast outto the back kitchen
    </h1>

3. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Sorry you're not enjoying Hay [​IMG]
    Do you like walking? Secluded valleys? Historic architecture with pubs? If so - have a look at Llanthony Valley - particularly Llanthony priory. It's a quiet spiritual place (oo-ee-oo-ee) - with a quirky little bar in the understory...
    Up a narrow mountain road - the B4423 - if you fancy a challenge.