1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hay Fever!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by laticsbird, Jun 28, 2011.

1. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    Just wanna rip my eyes out[​IMG]

Sorry everyone - needed to get that off my chest[​IMG]

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

The only thing that works for me is Beconase.
    Have you tried it?

3. Yes anti-histamines are rubbish (even if they work you don't get 24 hours out of them). Steroid spray is the only way to go I've found. Commiserations though ((()))

4. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Aaw, thanks everyone...it's been a nightmare in school today. The kids have been marvellous though;)

Yes, I agree - I've tried Beconase before but for some mad reason thought I would give in to advertising and try that new Pollinase stuff - absolut tosh. I've just sent hubby for a Beconase now and he's also brought me some Aqueous eye drops. Hopefully by morning I'll look less like a cross between that dead 'cute' guy in The Goonies (can't think of his name at the mo) and Rocky and more like my lovely genteel self, ahem!

xx

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Just Beconase, two sniffs twice a day= hardly know it's summer!

6. I got it last year for the first time ever and blamed it on everything else I could think of because I thought either you had hay fever or you didn't. My son is exactly the same - thought he had sinusitis/summer cold/dust from the bathroom extension.
    It's a pisser and i am very sorry for anyone who's had to contend with this all their life.
    Beconase? I might as well sniff lemonade.

7. And don't get me started on Piriton..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

8. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

not bumping baubles bar

9. having had hayfever for many years, and having thought i'd got my personal regime licked -
    this has been a c**p year for allergies - we've had staff have to go on sick leave with hayfever, staff who, like lily, have never had it before., 2 kids ambulanced for uncontrolled asthma
    lor' knows what's causing it

10. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

I know...this year's killing me. For the last few years, I've been able to control it but for some reason nothing's having an effect. Each morning I get in the car to drive to work and on a few scary occasions I've almost crashed into the person in front of me 'coz I'm sneezing my head off.
    [​IMG]

11. I get it really badly-the first time I got it was in the summer term of Year 7 and I have had it every year since. This year is worse than ever. My mum also got it for the first time in years this year!