1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Having to leave my job - will I struggle to get another?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rainbow_gold, Mar 10, 2012.

1. rainbow_gold

rainbow_gold New commenter

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the middle of my NQT year as a Secondary English teacher. I have been quite successful this year so far, all my observations have been either outstanding or good with outstanding features and I am feeling positive about completing the year with no concerns. I really enjoy my job, get on well with the department, have my classes under control, and I am generally enjoying teaching.

Unfortunately due to my husbands job (Army) we have been ordered to re-post this summer when he comes back from his tour of duty. Meaning that I will have to leave my job at the end of this year; I am now back on the search for a job!

I know I will get a good reference, but I have heard all sorts of stories about it looking bad if you leave your school after NQT - is this true? Is the job market even worse than it was this time last year? Do you think I will struggle? Will schools be less keen to hire me now I am a year more expensive?

Apologies for the vague questions, but many thanks for any replies,

Rachel

2. rainbow_gold

rainbow_gold New commenter

Apologies for the lack of paragraphs, google chrome seems to have deleted them all!