1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Having no luck with jobs

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by missyscarlet, May 8, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,
    I've been applying for jobs in Europe since January, have probably sent about 20 applications and am feeling quite disheartened.
    Is there anybody out there with lots of experience that wouldn't mind having a look at one of my cover letters and CV. I would be forever in your debt [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Hi everyone,
    I've been applying for jobs in Europe since January, have probably sent about 20 applications and am feeling quite disheartened.
    Is there anybody out there with lots of experience that wouldn't mind having a look at one of my cover letters and CV. I would be forever in your debt [​IMG]

Thanks

3. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

You have a PM!

4. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

I've over 10 years experience in the classroom and last summer applied for more than that AND wrote to every school in my targeted country offering to come at short notice should a teacher let them down. In the end I got two job offers but the point is it is bloody competitive out there and I'd assume Europe is one of the most keenly sought locations being how you can easily get back to the UK.

5. A job's a job! Are you at one of the better schools?
    Still - goes to show, different strokes for different folks. I love this place. The thought of Europe as opposed to here......Ooh, no.

6. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Clue to where??