1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Having children overseas

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by tigi, Sep 10, 2017.

  1. Kartoshka

    Kartoshka Established commenter

    Most citizenships are acquired by blood, rather than place of birth. The USA is one of the few anomalies - if you are born there, you have a right to American citizenship.
  2. stressedhead

    stressedhead New commenter

    Many thanks for the link tk212. My daughter is a Chinese Citizen as mother is Chinese. It's just a pain they won't recognise dual nationality
  3. makhnovite

    makhnovite New commenter

    'The USA is one of the few anomalies' - Argentina is an anomaly too, they will take all the citizens they can get!
  4. percy topliss

    percy topliss Occasional commenter

    We have had 2 kids whilst here in Bangkok. Great hospitals and both on schools insurance now. I guess it depends where you are.

  5. february31st

    february31st Occasional commenter

    If you pay the 8500rmb fee to the British Visa Office you can get your daughter a Certificate of Ent to Right of Abode into the Chinese Passport. Then your daughter can travel and live in the UK until you decide when and if to obtain a British Passport.

    PM me for details

Share This Page