1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Having a lovely day

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by lindenlea, Dec 13, 2018.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I love days like this. Was feeling a bit stressed about presents not bought so as husband was unexpectedly not playing golf I cancelled yoga and we went into town and got some things sorted. Then for a coffee then home for soup and off again to finish off .Now I've tried out a fruit compote I want for 27th Dec and its yum and while it was doing I did a bit of ironing. Now noodling on here with Britten's Ceremony of Carols off spotify. Not going out tonight so will doze in front of the tele.
    Hope you're enjoying your day too.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  2. lynneseptember

lynneseptember Senior commenter

Good, isn't it Lindenlea? Sounds like you're enjoying your day. It's great to be able to do what you need/want to do when you want to and not have to rely on weekends and school holidays. :)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. ikon66

ikon66 Occasional commenter

Ironing fruit compote, what will they think of next. Where can i get some please? ;)

4. LadyForlorn

LadyForlorn New commenter

My son (12) has been unwell and has had to take 2.5 weeks’ off school (appendicitis).

It has been so nice to just be able to concentrate on him and looking after his and our family’s needs rather than having to go begging to the HT for time off work and then having to fret about cover work and feel guilty about someone else covering my lessons. Hubby and I haven’t had to play the ‘time off shuffle - whose stakes are the highest?’ game any more.

I’ve never felt so grateful for not being at work.

5. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

I decided last minute to go to Egypt until Christmas, so spent last week diving in Hurghada, the last four days in Luxor and am on the train to Aswan as I type. The sky is blue, the sun is shining, it's 25 degrees outside and am at one with the world. I'm not dealing with kids who can't behave, jobsworth SLTs, setting and marking pointless tests just to collect data and aren't rushing around stressed.

Happy days.

eljefeb90, LadyForlorn and stopwatch like this.
  6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter