1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Haven't heard back

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rizzyp, Jul 21, 2015.

1. rizzyp

rizzyp New commenter

Hi.

I had an interview last Wednesday. The panel said they would get back to me by Friday. They haven't. I know that they probably have other things going on, and that I'm probably not a huge priority. But, what do I do?

Should I ring them? Or, should I wait?

Thanks!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

How annoying!

And possibly, how discourteous!

Yes do ring and speak to someone sayng that you would welcome hearing the outcome as you have other applications in the pipeline and need to know if you should withdraw elsewhere.

I assume that this is true . . .

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

3. rizzyp

rizzyp New commenter

I phoned them and I got the job!

Apparently, they're sorting administrative things out and the SMT is on leave, or something, so they haven't had time to let me know!

After four years of being hourly paid, I feel as I'm in a dream! I need to start my own "Dear Theo, I've got a job" thread!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You do indeed.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.