1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HAVE YOUR SAY ON INSPECTION PROPOSALS!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mcd2000, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Quite so!

2. The desire to have every school rated as good or outstanding is hilarious because these are relative terms. You can't have good without a school being bad to contrast it. Similarly as someone posted if everyone is outstanding who are they standing out against?
    The only way to rate schools properly is have some numerical indicator that is definitive but then again someone's judgement is opinion based anyway so why have inspectors who observe?

3. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Oh I've had my say, my keypad is positively glowing![​IMG]
    Don't quite know how they are going to fund this when everyone is classed as requires improvement.
    As an outstanding school we are expecting our inspection anyday now to tell us how we are **** after all.
    Why would anyone apply for jobs in satisfactory schools now, when there is the real risk they could be inspected to death and then classed as SM after 2 years. I already avoid satisfactory schools because I couldnt cope with the pressure of possible yearly inspections. It will just end up being a perpetual downward spiral for these schools when they cant attract good quality staff.

4. Just had my say... bet it makes not one jot of difference, though [​IMG]

5. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I fear this too. My biggest concern is the nonsense of the norm-referenced criteria. All the time Good/Outstanding judgements are based on being 'better than average' there will always be a huge number of schools who may be improving by never make it to Good.

6. AlwaysAdaptable

AlwaysAdaptable New commenter

My fear is that my lessons will never be judged outstanding. I work in a satisfactory school. Our last OFSTED was satisfactory and so was the previous one. We are due a monitoring visit. You can guess, we are working our socks off. God only knows what is to become of us.

7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

8. I did it!!