1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Have you tried this meat delivery service?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Boggs, May 4, 2011.

1. I found a reference to this meat delivery service in a magazine:
    http://www.westingourmet.co.uk/
    Has anyone tried this company? Any positive or negative comments?
    The prices seem reasonable and would help me not to get in a dither in butchers (I am an ex vegetarian and never know what amounts to order).

2. I found a reference to this meat delivery service in a magazine:
    http://www.westingourmet.co.uk/
    Has anyone tried this company? Any positive or negative comments?
    The prices seem reasonable and would help me not to get in a dither in butchers (I am an ex vegetarian and never know what amounts to order).

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I've not used them but I don't think I would. It seems designed to cater for commercial buyers rather than the domestic customer. Something about the site doesn't ring my bells. The descriptions of the meat are a little vague - traditionally reared, fully-matured etc. Sounds great but doesn't say anything specific.
    Maybe give them a try for a small amount (if they let you - A quick look indicated that if you wanted to buy rib eye steaks then you'd have to spend a minimum of 11 steaks at £60. Great if you eat loads of steaks, are planning to have a barbecue or have acres of freezer space, but not practical for most people.
    If you get into a flap in the butchers, ask them for their advice. I find they usually love to be asked for advice and are only too happy to give it - whether advice on cuts of meat, how to cook, how much to buy or which meat to buy. They should be able to tell you all about provenance as well. Plus, you'll be supporting your local butcher as well - and they need all the support they can get these days.
    Let us know how you get on though.

4. Thanks for your replies and butcher related encouragement.
    I have checked out the Donald Russell website and am contemplating a buying spree. I did notice that you can get a free gift if you recommend a friend so TESsers who have mentioned the site on this forum should try and blag one!
    Good Luck.