1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you taught anyone famous?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BertieBassett2, Oct 22, 2018.

1. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

Inspired by Nomad's confession of having taught Gary Numan in a previous thread, it brought to mind one of my, unfortunately, infamous alumni. I taught Sol Campbell's brother. who was convicted of murder a while back. He was extremely bright. Any other contributions?

sbkrobson likes this.
  2. smurphy6

smurphy6 Lead commenter

I didn’t teach her but lived next door to Toyah for a couple of years when she was starting out. One day I opened my sister’s Jackie magazine and there was a picture of Toyah in it. I went round her house and told her and we giggled our heads off looking at it. One day she changed her hair colour three times. She was/is a lovely person.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes.

needabreak and nomad like this.
  4. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Yes.

needabreak and nomad like this.
  5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I taught Ryan Giggs...

Oh, you mean actually famous people, rather than namesakes don't you?
    Rats.
    No in that case.

MAGAorMIGA and nomad like this.
  6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Rather more infamous than famous.

:D

needabreak likes this.
  7. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

That was the exact word I used in my post!

nomad likes this.
  8. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

I once taught Paul Newman... but not the real one!

Alice K and sbkrobson like this.
  9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I went to one of Toyah's gigs in London (it wasn't my idea) - she tugged at her multicoloured hair and a big chunk of it came out in her hand

That's about all I remember

sbkrobson likes this.
  10. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I taught at the same school as others taught 2 international footballers (they chose not my subject). Sadly I taught a now (I hope forever) imprisoned piece of s*** who raped and murdered his infant niece. The whole family were a word that won't get past the swear filter.
    In the last 4 yrs, a total of 6 young men who dangerously drove themselves and others to death.
    On a brighter note - did supply where Mel B and David Platt learnt, and various other Corrie actors!

sbkrobson likes this.
  11. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

[QUOTE She was/is a lovely person.[/QUOTE]
    I can confirm this.

12. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I haven’t but Mrs J taught Michael Vaughn, Joe Root and the children of the boxer Prince Nadeem.

I did have the misfortune to teach the b*****d who set fire to the house in which four children died in Salford.

sbkrobson likes this.
  13. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I taught one of the presenters of Channel 5 News.

sbkrobson likes this.
  14. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

An Olympic medal winner.

15. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I taught someone who ended up on Jeremy Kyle involved in a mighty punch-up with an erstwhile best friend who slept with her boyfriend (or was it the other way round, I really can't remember and I doubt if they do either).

sbkrobson likes this.
  16. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I'm not going to give details cos a quick Google will reveal which school I taught at. And it's a small world.

17. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

This was an extra curricular activity but I was with Cheshire Schoolgirls Hockey teams and Sam Quek (Olympic gold medal winner) was on my squad..... and what a really nice girl she was too !!!

sbkrobson likes this.
  18. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

No but was at university with some now B+-listers ;)

19. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

Yes, but not giving details because it would be easy to work out where I work.

But continuing with a theme started upthread, I have in my career taught a Michelle Fowler, an Alice Cooper, two James Taylors and no less than three students named James Brown.

20. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

This thread reminds me
    I feel mirth welling up-the best thread I ever enjoyed (as relatively new here I suppose) was the name droppers' thread last year, anybody remember?
    Exponentially increasing outrageousness-it was so funny.
    As this one already is.

It's the undiluted sowhatness of being seven steps away from second-hand celebrity-cracks me up,seriously!

My neighbours uncle was almost on Jim'll FixIt but in the end couldn't go as he got chicken pox.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018