1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you taught a Superhero topic? Then I need your help! (please!)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jules_99, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi there!
    As a school we have just started a new creative approach to planning - all is going well and we and the children are enjoying it. Our next topic in Key Stage 1 is "Superheroes" which should be brill but we are absoultely desperate to take the children on a trip and are low on ideas.
    Have you taught this topic and encorporated a trip? If so please let me know! At the moment we are thinking perhaps a cinema trip if films suit or perhaps think tank museum.
    Cheers everyone! x x

2. Hi there!
    As a school we have just started a new creative approach to planning - all is going well and we and the children are enjoying it. Our next topic in Key Stage 1 is "Superheroes" which should be brill but we are absoultely desperate to take the children on a trip and are low on ideas.
    Have you taught this topic and encorporated a trip? If so please let me know! At the moment we are thinking perhaps a cinema trip if films suit or perhaps think tank museum.
    Cheers everyone! x x

3. Waiguoren

Waiguoren New commenter

I would like to know where you are - that might affect ideas you're given.
    Sorry, drawn a blank - at the moment, all I can think of is the Doctor Who museum in Cardiff. If you're in or near Wales that might be worth a look.
    A trip to the cinema sounds a good idea - are there any upcoming superhero movies suitable for KS1?
    Good luck!

4. Thank you for your kind reply. We're in oxfordhsire x

5. comenius

comenius New commenter

Madame Tussauds had a superhero exhibition in the summer. I'm guessing its still there!

6. Thank you for those wonderful ideas! Love the ideas of an obstacle course...

Many thanks x x

7. Traction Man (available on Amazon) is a fab book for this topic loads of DT, Science and Lit ideas also British Schools Council website used to have an online story about a super hero high school which i used with LA Y3s