1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you recieved your Y2 SATs papers?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by impulce, Mar 28, 2012.

1. I just wondered if everyone else had received their Y2 SATs papers, as we haven't yet and the guidance says they will be delivered in February.
    Also, when are you planning on carrying them out?
    Its my first year in Y2 so I am just wondering a) whether I should be chasing up the papers and b) how late in the year I can feasibly leave it before I do them!

2. Yes, ours came in February. We did the level 2 comp about 3 weeks ago. rest planned for next half term starting with level 3 comp.
    Felix

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yes, a fair while ago now. Definitely before half term.

Probably going to do then at the end of May, or early June.

4. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Yes mine arrived weeks ago, I would chase up! Done my level1 maths sats today. Plan on doing everything else in first three weeks back after easter

5. And.....you can leave them till last week in May but as the assessment is made on your teacher assessment judgements there is no reason to leave it till the last possible minute. we do one a week so we don't get bogged down in marking! :)

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

But if your school has more faith in test scores than TA (in some cases with good reason) then leaving it til late can be a good thing.

Also if there is a year 2 class who have never does a reading comprehension before, it gives time to teach them how.

7. Definitely chase them up. We've done the L2 and 3 maths, spelling test and short writing task, as we started the first one in Feb. I would definitely spread them out so it is better for the children.

8. We did a paper in November to give them a go....and my school trust my judgements so guess I'm lucky!

9. fruit_bat

fruit_bat New commenter

Are you sure they haven't been stored somewhere for you? Mine were whisked away and put in a cupboard for safe keeping. When I went to check where they were the school secretary showed me where she had put them

10. Yes, ours were sitting about before someone mentioned them. They could well be squirrelled away somewhere.